Sunday, March 3, 2013

Interviews with BC history authors

I'm starting something new. Starting March 2013, I'll be doing an interview per month with authors of British Columbia history. If you are an author of a book (print or ebook) on some aspect of British Columbia history, I would be happy to profile you on this blog.

I will be starting out with people whose books I have on hand, but will be accepting new interviewees for the summer months. 

Please contact me: smithjosephy at shaw dot ca if you wish to have your book profiled here. I will then send you an information package which will include how to send your book to me, a list of questions you can answer, and other things we will need to complete the interview. 

I'm looking forward to promoting local authors and our province's history. 

Why am I doing this? Because I received such great feedback, interviews and reviews when I was promoting my book on Lillian Alling, I wanted to give back. What better way than to meet fellow historians and writers, and help to introduce their work to other people?

I am excited to announce that my first interview will be with Nancy Marguerite Anderson, author of "The Pathfinder." I'm about half way through this excellent book, so look for the the interview to be up in a week or so. 

The small print: Obviously, I don't get paid to do reviews and interviews, but do receive books which I will profile here. 




Post a Comment