Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Lillian Alling research papers donated to Dawson Museum



I did a lot of research for the Lillian Alling book, and collected a lot of paper. I thought maybe future Lillian Alling researchers might be interested in what I had found.


So once the book was at the printers (it will be available for purchase online and in stores next week), I asked the Dawson City Museum if they would like to have my papers. They said yes, so I bundled everything up in this box and sent it off to them. Included in the box are books, articles and some primary documents.


Lillian Alling spent the winter of 1928-1929 in Dawson City, Yukon and her story is well-known there. In addition, the museum has a display on Lillian, and there is an historically-based performance that museum visitor can enjoy as well.


I hope that the availability of this material will encourage people to do more research on Lillian, or perhaps use the documentation I have provided as a basis for future writing, whether they be non-fiction or fiction. The Dawson City Museum staff were incredibly helpful to me during the research phase of the book, and were an invaluable resource when it came to finding images for publication. I thank them very much for being so generous with their time.
Post a Comment