Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Research blitz

Wow, if I was a follower on this blog, I would have given up on it a long time ago. No posts for almost three weeks? How slack-assed.

Anyway, I'm on a research blitz, having ordered microfilm from at least five different sources. Trying to jam time in to scroll through it all. Got three hours booked this afternoon, hope something interesting comes out of it.

The writing has slowed down, the usual summer beauty and weather has taken its toll on my productivity. Once again, I'm re-arranging the office having recently been the lucky recipient of an antique roll top desk. This will allow me to take out the card table that my computer is presently on. I can also get rid of the strange credenza that I got for free at the re-use centre. It is a dust collector. I hate dusting.

I'm excited about Lillian, I've found some things that confirm Lillian's presence in a few places, so that makes me happy. The more I research, the closer I feel a connection to her, and this will give me the mental push I need to write this book on her behalf.

Not that I think I'm speaking for her, you understand. But it's just that there are so many fictional accounts about her floating around and in production, I just want to keep it as close to reality as possible. That being said, I reserve the right to creatively speculate on Lillian Alling, because it's almost impossible not to. What a gal she was!
Post a Comment