Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Old newspapers

I have spent this month going through old newspapers. 1926 and 1927 were fascinating years, so much of our popular culture starts at this time.
I was really happy with the service that Library Archives Canada provided, they photocopied 120 pages of old newspapers for me, at a reasonable price and on huge paper. It didn't take very long and it arrived in the mail all in one piece.
I was also really pleased to find out that BC Archives is able to provide duplicate copies of microfilm for purchase, so I will start going through those soon. Would love to have a table top microfilm reader so I don't have to go to the museum to use their reader. I'm slowly extracating myself from a number of volunteer organizations that I belong to, so I can spend the fall and winter writing the first draft of the book.
Hot enough for ya?
Post a Comment