Sunday, December 14, 2008

Book proposal

Now that the cold weather has arrived, it is a great opportunity to do some writing and organizing. It was minus 20C last night, and today the sky is startlingly blue and the sun is shining on the snow. I hope to get out later and take some photos.

I've started on the proposal for the Lillian Alling book. I want it to be good, so it will take a while. Depending on my free time, maybe it will take a few weeks or a few months. People keep telling me I should fictionalize it which is the last thing I want to do. I want to write about the historical, true Lillian, not some romantic version of what I think Lillian should have been.

Besides, there have been (and are) enough people working on fictionalized accounts of this (or a version thereof) story.
Post a Comment